Parish Church of San Polo in Rosso

Its forms are reminiscent of a strange union between the sacred and the military

Of great artistic interest is the parish church of San Polo in Rosso, already mentioned before the year 1000 as property of the Firidolfi family, later Ricasoli. Despite the numerous renovations two-three and fifteenth century, it retains its charm.

The village was transformed into a fortress during the thirteenth century.

The fortified parish church is in Romanesque-Gothic style; it consists of a large church with three naves, incorporated into a large, almost quadrangular, castle construction.

Inside the fortified church are visible medieval frescoes of the Sienese school, an interesting wooden crucifix and liturgical furnishings from various eras. Located on a hill, the castle of San Polo in Rosso is located in the heart of Chianti Classico, surrounded by a landscape renowned for its vineyards, forests and the wealth of priceless art treasures: imposing castles, monasteries and fortified villages.

Continue with the discovery of Chianti…

Lecchi in Chianti

Lecchi in Chianti

Lecchi in Chianti A suggestive and exciting placeThe characteristic village of Lecchi in Chianti is flanked along the main road that goes up to Ama. With its stone houses and a more than dignified church, this place is the ideal place for a break and for a walk among...

Ama Castle

Ama Castle

Ama Castle A place that contains a revolutionary wine and treasures of contemporary art Ama is a small village in the hills of historic Chianti, where vineyards alternate with olive groves and woods. A beautiful place with great wine-growing traditions. In 1982, the...

Romanesque parish church of San Giusto in Salcio

Romanesque parish church of San Giusto in Salcio

Romanesque parish church of San Giusto in Salcio Sober, but imposing with the grey/soft colour of the stoneThe parish church of San Giusto in Salcio is an ancient Catholic church among the oldest in Chianti and belongs to the diocese of Fiesole.Continue with the...